FANDOM


  • https://descendantstheory.blogspot.nl/

    Thank god we have the book Isle of the Lost: a Descendants Novel. There Mal's father is mentioned multiple times so we can build our theory on something. The book  is by the way canon. So in the book, we learn that all Villains were banished to the island 20 years before the movie starts. Mal (Or rather: Maleficent Jr.) is 16, this means she was conceived and born on the Isle. Now, I have a hard time imagining a Hero going to the Isle freely (brave enough to b*ng Maleficent) and go back. So it must be a villain. Now , there are enough male villains who could be Mal's father (Don't bring up Jafar). But Maleficent and Mal clearly mention he is dead. Many of the male villains are mentioned to be very much alive on the Isle of the Lost and/or have children.

    Maleficent also mentions him as a week human. ("Or you'll be like him Mal! Like your father, a pathetic little human!). So those are five things we already know about Mal's father:

    1) He's a villain.

    2) He's deceased.

    3) He's human.

    4) He's week/pathetic.

    5) He is whatever you mean with "little".

    Then it hit me, the one person officially lined as a villain who fit it perfectly:  the King of Hearts

    He even is blond, like Mal in the second movie. Although officially he is a villain (according to the villain list on the official Disney wiki) he does have a good heart and tries to rescue Alice from his insane wife.

    But why would the proud and glorious Maleficent have a relationship with the little nerd? Remember, Maleficent was trapped, without magic and defeated on the Isle. I bet she needed someone that respected and admired her. After all, we know the King of Hearts has a thing for crazy powerful woman that overrule him. He isn't mentioned to be alive in the books, maybe Maleficent killed him after seeing he wanted to raise her daughter Mal.

    Let me know what you think about this theory! Do you think the King of Hearts could be Mal's father.

     

      Loading editor
    • I find this really funny xD a villain that knows no love marries a king of hearts in other words king of love xD then she raises a child with no love but Mal discovers love if this is true I imagine Maleficent saying "  she grew up to be just like her father" xD

        Loading editor
    • Thank you!

        Loading editor
    • I just searched for the list of Disney villains and then I noticed chernabog. I just thought that he might be Mal's father because he has wings just like Maleficent and he's an evil! haha just my wild guess

        Loading editor
    • and oh! If it's not chernabog maybe its the horned king! I saw a picture of mal and him kissing each other (I guess its a fan art or idunno)

        Loading editor
    • Miacarleanrell wrote:
      and oh! If it's not chernabog maybe its the horned king! I saw a picture of mal and him kissing each other (I guess its a fan art or idunno)

      .................................................. That is messed up, mate........................

        Loading editor
    • I think by what she mean by “little” is his personality just doesn’t fit Maleficent’s. She is cruel and vicious whilst he might be something less than that but still a villain. Idk, you tell me. I guess we’ll find out in 2019.

        Loading editor
    • Still, my guest is that he is indeed human, like Maleficent said, but there was something special about him, could be that he knew Maleficent's secrets, things that she didn't want anybody to know, or because he is Maleficent's weakness (let's say somebody that she really cared about). Since the alternative name for D3 is "The Big Sleep", I'm guessing that Maleficent put Mal's father in a big sleep, could be to maintain her secret safe, or to keep him safe, or to bury her weakness, or all three options above.

      In the teaser, Mal could be dreaming, and there, her father contacts her. Mal then decides to look for him and save him.

      Another theory that I got is that Mal's dad still remains (sorta) irrelevant throughout D3 and what we saw in the teaser was a trap set by Maleficent. She makes Mal believe that her father needs to be saved, and in the same time, brainwashes Mal into doing bad stuff.

      I got a feeling I'll soon make a blog about this... could even extend to fanfic... I need to be stopped. Help!

        Loading editor
    • Francesca14601 wrote: I got a feeling I'll soon make a blog about this... could even extend to fanfic... I need to be stopped. Help!

      Like heck I’ll help

        Loading editor
    • My list of possibilities:

      - Hans 

      - Mordu

      - Hades

      - Mad Hatter

        Loading editor
    • Wait does Mal's father have to be a villain ? Did they say it somewhere that he is ? I'm just asking due to the fact that I've never heard it before and if they did say it in the books then the movie will and definetly be different since half of the stuff got removed from the original novel.

      so from my point of view since he was asleep and weak as Maleficent said idk I just have this theory that he might be one of the Auradon king making Mal half evil half good.

      another theory unrelated to the one above : is that he was trying to conquer auradon and failed thus they put him in a deep sleep and being seen as a failure by other villains and Maleficent herself calling him weak.

        Loading editor
    • COOLOMAR4U wrote:
      Wait does Mal's father have to be a villain ? Did they say it somewhere that he is ? I'm just asking due to the fact that I've never heard it before and if they did say it in the books then the movie will and definetly be different since half of the stuff got removed from the original novel.

      so from my point of view since he was asleep and weak as Maleficent said idk I just have this theory that he might be one of the Auradon king making Mal half evil half good.

      another theory unrelated to the one above : is that he was trying to conquer auradon and failed thus they put him in a deep sleep and being seen as a failure by other villains and Maleficent herself calling him weak.

      Half evil half good just doesn't sound right at all

        Loading editor
    • Francesca14601 wrote:
      COOLOMAR4U wrote:
      Wait does Mal's father have to be a villain ? Did they say it somewhere that he is ? I'm just asking due to the fact that I've never heard it before and if they did say it in the books then the movie will and definetly be different since half of the stuff got removed from the original novel.

      so from my point of view since he was asleep and weak as Maleficent said idk I just have this theory that he might be one of the Auradon king making Mal half evil half good.

      another theory unrelated to the one above : is that he was trying to conquer auradon and failed thus they put him in a deep sleep and being seen as a failure by other villains and Maleficent herself calling him weak.

      Half evil half good just doesn't sound right at all

      its disney what do they care ?

        Loading editor
    • COOLOMAR4U wrote:
      Francesca14601 wrote:
      COOLOMAR4U wrote:
      Wait does Mal's father have to be a villain ? Did they say it somewhere that he is ? I'm just asking due to the fact that I've never heard it before and if they did say it in the books then the movie will and definetly be different since half of the stuff got removed from the original novel.

      so from my point of view since he was asleep and weak as Maleficent said idk I just have this theory that he might be one of the Auradon king making Mal half evil half good.

      another theory unrelated to the one above : is that he was trying to conquer auradon and failed thus they put him in a deep sleep and being seen as a failure by other villains and Maleficent herself calling him weak.

      Half evil half good just doesn't sound right at all
      its disney what do they care ?

      True. After mercilessly buying SW, they don't give a cow.

        Loading editor
    • I think we saw his spirit in the form if a wisp in the teaser.

        Loading editor
    • PrincessBatman
      PrincessBatman removed this reply because:
      ...
      02:38, May 22, 2018
      This reply has been removed
    • I think this is a possibility!  Unfortunetly I haven't read the books yet but plan to get them!

        Loading editor
    • PrincessBatman
      PrincessBatman removed this reply because:
      ...
      02:38, May 22, 2018
      This reply has been removed
    • 720munchkin720 wrote: I think this is a possibility!  Unfortunetly I haven't read the books yet but plan to get them!

      What books? There have been lots of Descendants books.

        Loading editor
    • All of them!!

        Loading editor
    • 720munchkin720 wrote:
      All of them!!

      Wow. You should read them. They all give you more information on all of them.

        Loading editor
    • Ya, I have the first one!! I just need to read it.  I plan to start it today!!

        Loading editor
    • 720munchkin720 wrote:
      Ya, I have the first one!! I just need to read it.  I plan to start it today!!

      It is so good that book. But when reading the books read them in this order(also with the movies and TV series), 

      Isle of the Lost

      Descendants

      Descendants: Wicked World (Season 1)

      Return to the Isle of the Lost

      Descendants: Wicked World (Season 2)

      Rise of the Isle of the Lost

      Descendants 2

      And if you are going to read the School of Secrets. Read the first 3 during Wicked World and then the last 2 after Descendants 2.

        Loading editor
    • Okay, thankyou!  

        Loading editor
    • 720munchkin720 wrote:
      Okay, thankyou!  

      No problem

        Loading editor
    • Hate to break it to ya. But its hades

        Loading editor
    • Mindkiller the nightwing wrote: Hate to break it to ya. But its hades

      Source.

        Loading editor
    • Calistaphilia
      Calistaphilia removed this reply because:
      Bs?
      16:05, July 7, 2018
      This reply has been removed
    • I felt like Maleficent was lying to Mal all of this time about her father.

        Loading editor
    • Dang, I wish Mal's father were an OUAT character. It would make a lot more sense over why Auradon has a similar appearance to the United Realms of Storybrooke as well as casting decisions (i.e., the similarities between Lana Parrilla and Sofia Carson, and Mitchell Hope and Giles Matthey) oh crap - if Mal's father turns out to be Zoro, the evidence is uncanny. 

        Loading editor
    • Zoro.... One Piece?

        Loading editor
    • 123Raura wrote:
      Dang, I wish Mal's father were an OUAT character. It would make a lot more sense over why Auradon has a similar appearance to the United Realms of Storybrooke as well as casting decisions (i.e., the similarities between Lana Parrilla and Sofia Carson, and Mitchell Hope and Giles Matthey) oh crap - if Mal's father turns out to be Zoro, the evidence is uncanny. 

      How can Auradon look like the United Realms of Storybrooke. Dont you mean the URS copied the UKA

        Loading editor
    • A FANDOM user
        Loading editor
Give Kudos to this message
You've given this message Kudos!
See who gave Kudos to this message