Mal and Evie ( Mevie or Malvie) is a friendship-sister pairing, Mal is the daughter of Maleficent, and Evie is the daughter of the Evil Queen. They are best friends and they consider each other sisters.
In the book, Mal despised Evie for not inviting her to Evie's sixth birthday party, causing Maleficent to send a curse on Evie and her mother (the Evil Queen). On Evie's first day in school (after about 10 years), Evie and Mal meet for the first time, it was bittersweet. Toward the end of the novel, Evie reveals why she couldn't invite Mal to the party, causing Mal to feel quite guilty, but in the end, they become really good friends.
In the movie, Mal and Evie are first shown singing and hanging out together in "Rotten to the Core". They are also tasked by their parents to steal the magic wand. Evie and Mal share a dorm room at Auradon Prep. When Ben asked Mal on a date, Evie helped her with her outfit and make up. Then when Mal considers breaking Ben's love spell Evie comforted her, and Mal comforted Evie when Audrey kissed Chad. Evie made Mal the dress that she wore to Ben's coronation.
Mal seemed to be in charge and bossed Evie around (similar to how Audrey treats her friends) the two still got along. She told Evie that having a boyfriend was stupid especially since her own boyfriend, Chad, was making her do his homework for him. When Chad broke her heart after using her, Mal comforted her saying Chad was unlucky for going with Audrey when Evie was prettier smarter and kinder.
When Mal needed help getting ready for her date with Ben, Evie volunteered to help her. When Mal decided to erase Ben's feelings, Evie gave her comfort. The two had both decided to be good, stayed at Auradon, and defeated Maleficent alongside Carlos and Jay. The two are best friends and like sisters who stand by each other and often hang out with each other.
- Mal and Evie are best friends.
- Evie wanted to Invite Mal to her sixth birthday party.
- Mal considers Evie a sister figure.
- Evie will often convince Mal to do things that she wouldn't normally do like tryout for cheerleading but Mal will eventually agree with her since their best friends
- They have quite opposite personalities, but they're still best friends.
- Zevon calls them the "Evil Isle Twins"
- Mal locked Evie in a closet at a party.
- Both have a duet together in Descendants 2 called Space Between.