- “Just wait until Uma hears that you're back.”
- ―Harry to Mal
Harry Hook is a main character and the secondary antagonist who who appears sequel, Descendants 2. He's the son of Captain Hook. A member of Uma’s pirate gang, Harry serves as her right-hand man and is always ready to hook someone. Harry is portrayed by Thomas Doherty.
Harry is prideful, sneaky and is always ready to hook someone, especially Ben. He prided himself on being wild and unpredictable, off-kilter and a little mad. His only disappointment is the fact that he has to carry a hook with his hands rather than possessing one instead of a hand. He is Uma's first mate and her oldest friend.
Harry is a light-skinned brawny guy with brunet hair. His primary outfit is a white ripped tank top, a red sleeveless leather coat, black pants with red ripped details and zippers and dark brown boots. His accessories consist of a black pirate hat with dark golden details, pale feathers and the pirate crew's symbolic pin, a blue headband, a black band, black fingerless gloves, a golden skull ring, red, black and white bracelets, a red belt, a brown skull belt, a dark brown belt with rings and a pocket watch, a sheath for his sword and a fake hook. Plus he sometimes has shadows around his eyes that make him look attractive.
- Main article: Harry Hook/Relationships
- In the novel Isle of the Lost: A Descendants Novel there is a character known as Harriet, who is the daughter of Captain Hook. Later on, CJ Hook was introduced as another descendant of Captain Hook in Descendants: Wicked World
- In the junior novelization of Descendants 2, Harry and Gil share a celebratory kiss.
- Dove Cameron, Thomas Doherty and Kenny Ortega came up with a 'backstory' for Harry and Mal. However, this 'backstory' is not mentioned by any of the characters throughout the film but can be perceived through the character's interaction. In this 'backstory', it's revealed that Harry and Mal used to date. Dove and Thomas even drew secret hook tattoos under their gloves.
- However, this directly contrasts Descendants where Mal says she doesn't know what love feels like and that they don't date on the Isle. (It's more like a 'fanfiction' than a 'backstory' that Dove, Thomas, and Kenny jokingly made and should not be taken as being true.)
- Interesting enough, this was the start of Dove Cameron and Thomas Doherty's relationship together.
- Despite what Dove Cameron says about Harry and Mal being exes, that never happened in the books and is not confirmed in the movies.
- Harry is part of Uma's pirate gang and is the first mate.
- Harry has a hook on his left hand just like his father.
- It turns out that the hook is fake, and he carries it to pay homage to his father.
- In Rise of the Isle of the Lost: A Descendants Novel, it's revealed that he once tried to entice Tick-Tock to bite his hand so that he could wear a real hook like his father, but the crocodile just opened one eye and went back to sleep.
- He is the second character whose name is Harry. The first is Horace's son Harry.
- Harry possesses a pocket watch, it could belong to his father or a reference to Tick-Tock the Crocodile.
- The hook that Harry uses most closely resembles the one in the 1991 film, Hook.
- In Rise of the Isle of the Lost: A Descendants Novel, he told Uma he could be her first date if she's lucky.
- This means he could either be teasing her or he's actually interested in her.
- Harry was suppose to have an American accent but his portrayer, Thomas Doherty, rejected to do American accent and do a Scottish accent instead which earned him the role of Harry.