Descendants 2 is an upcoming Disney Channel Original Movie. It has been written by Josann McGibbon and Sarie Parriott, who will also serve as executive producers on the project. The film will be directed by Kenny Ortega, who will also serve as executive producer and choreographer. It is scheduled to be released in July 21, 2017.
Ben, now the king of Auradon, attempts to help Mal, Evie, Carlos and Jay adjust further to their lives at Auradon. However, when Ben proposes to Mal, she cracks and returns to the Isle of the Lost. So Evie, Carlos and Jay help Ben disguise as a VK so they can return to the Isle, find her, and without being recognized. Also, Mal is shocked to find that Uma (China Anne McClain), Ursula's daughter, along with her friends, Harry (Thomas Doherty), Captain Hook's son; and Gil (Dylan Playfair), Gaston's son, have taken her place as ruler of the island. Uma was still resentful over the fact that she wasn't being selected by Ben to come to Auradon Prep with the other Villain Kids. So she gathers her pirate gang, including Harry and Gil, to break the barrier between the Isle of the Lost and Auradon, and unleash all the villains who were imprisoned on the Isle once and for all. 
- Dove Cameron as Mal, daughter of Maleficent
- Sofia Carson as Evie, daughter of the Evil Queen
- Booboo Stewart as Jay, son of Jafar
- Cameron Boyce as Carlos De Vil, son of Cruella De Vil
- China Anne McClain as Uma, daughter of Ursula
- Thomas Doherty as Harry Hook, son of Captain Hook
- Dylan Playfair as Gil, son of Gaston
- Anna Cathcart as Dizzy Tremaine, daughter of Drizella Tremaine
- Mitchell Hope as King Ben, son of King Beast and Queen Belle
- Brenna D'Amico as Jane, daughter of Fairy Godmother
- Dianne Doan as Lonnie, daughter of Fa Mulan and Li Shang
- Jedidiah Goodacre as Prince Chad Charming, son of Cinderella and Prince Charming
- Zachary Gibson as Doug, son of Dopey
- Keegan Connor Tracy as Queen Belle, mother of Ben
- Dan Payne as King Beast, father of Ben
- Melanie Paxson as Fairy Godmother, mother of Jane
- Kristin Chenoweth as Maleficent, mother of Mal
- This Descendants movie will likely be a Little Mermaid theme because Ursula is Uma's mother and there will be two songs from The Little Mermaid: Poor Unfortunate Souls and Kiss the Girl.
- Descendants 2 will have a simultaneous premiere on Disney Channel, Disney XD, ABC, FreeForm and Lifetime.
- This movie, along with a live-action remake of The Lion King, Frozen 2, Wreck-It Ralph 2: Ralph Breaks the Internet, Gigantic, Indiana Jones 5, Magic Camp, and A Wrinkle in Time all got release dates on the same date: April 25, 2017. The Wreck-it Ralph sequel, Magic Camp, and A Wrinkle in Time all have 2018 release dates, The live-action remake of The Lion King and Frozen 2 both have 2019 release dates, and Gigantic and Indiana Jones 5 have a 2020 release date. Also on that day, it has been confirmed that Billy Eicher and Seth Rogan will voice Timon and Pumbaa in the 2019 version of The Lion King, respectively.
- With the exception of Sarah Jeffery who plays Audrey, all the original cast from the first movie repise their roles.
- ↑ Descendants Sequel Set At Disney Channel
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 2.2 2.3 2.4 2.5 2.6 Everything We Know About Descendants 2 So Far
- ↑ 
- ↑ Bentley, Jean (September 16, 2016). "Descendants 2 Scoop: Is King Ben Going Bad?". (en-US) E! Entertainment Television.
- ↑ Berman, Rachel (2016-09-16). "Wait, What is Happening in This First Look Photo for Descendants 2?". (en-US) Oh My Disney Disney.
- ↑ Meet Descendants 2 's Newest Villain Offspring: Captain Hook's Son, Harry
- ↑ "Descendants 2 casts Gaston’s son". Entertainment Weekly (August 19, 2016).
- ↑ "Drizella's Daughter Has Been Cast in Descendants 2 and She is Adorable". Oh My Disney (August 25, 2016).
- ↑ Instagram: Brenna D'Amico post
- ↑ Instagram: Dianna Doan post
- ↑ Instagram: Jedidiah Goodacre post
- ↑ https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=StpcwneSy9A Behind the Scenes First Look of Descendants 2
- ↑ 13.0 13.1 Twitter: Keegan Connor Tracy post
- ↑ Twitter : Melanie Paxson post
- ↑ "Kristin Chenoweth Will Get Even More Wicked in Planned Sequel to Disney's Descendants". (October 15, 2015). Retrieved on August 13, 2016.