The United States of Auradon is the United Nation and Homeland to all the Heroes and Villains of the Disney Universe, which is the primary setting of the television movie Descendants and Descendants 2.
The USA came into existence 20 years prior to the film, when King Beast forwent going on a honeymoon with Queen Belle, in favor of uniting the fairy tale kingdoms. All villains were rounded up and booted off the Isle of the Lost; many were revived to suffer a fate worse than death, by living without magic.
Life in Auradon soon changed after King Beast declared that magic would mostly be retired so the next generation would learn to rely on their own talents instead of magic. Fairy Godmother was placed in charge of overseeing the usage of magic in the USA; the discontent good fairies, Flora, Fauna and Merryweather wanted to use their magic again since they couldn't perform mundane tasks without magic.
Auradon was founded out of the existing kingdoms, the kingdoms remained to have their respective rulers and were devided into The 18 Regions of Auradon. Several of these regions were mentioned in Melissa De La Cruz's Isle of the Lost series, including Camelot, Mount Olympus, Eden, Arendelle, and Corona. Corona, however, was not mentioned by name; rather it was referred to as "home of Rapunzel and Eugene."
Places of Interest
An island prison off the coast that is inhabited by the most infamous villains ever known.
The capital city of Auradon where many places of interest are located.
A boarding school where the descendants of Disney's most well-known Heroes and Villains attend.
A lake in the woods of Auradon, where Ben takes Mal on their date. It is first mentioned in the prequel book, seen in a dream by Mal. It includes a stone floor with pillar. The lake is described in the junior novel as having the color of jade.
A church of Auradon and the place where Prince Ben was crowned king.
Home of Alice and The White Rabbit.
Home to Tiana and Prince Naveen, Ray, Louis, Mama Odie. Located east of Auradon and near Neverland.
Home to Tarzan and Jane, Professor Porter. Located in the Border Lands or Faraway.
Home to Mowgli and Shanti and other villagers
- The possible meaning of Auradon could be "Golden Hill" or "Hill of Light".
- In Latin, "aura" could be both related to gold or light.
- In Old English, the suffix "-don" is usually to designate locations with hills.
- Since Belle and Beast were elected King and Queen, Auradon is probably an elective monarchy.
- This is similar to the system of the Kingdom of the Visigoths, which, coincidentally, were settled on the southern French territory.
- If the current Monarchs end up without an heir, a different Royal Family would be chosen to continue the reign. According to Chad, he is the second in line if something were to happen to Ben.
- It seems the currency in Auradon is gold or some other coin, as Lonnie pays Mal "50 bucks" with a bag of coins. As shown in "School Of Secrets", jewels are also acceptable as of currency, as Doug's money was in the form of gems.
- In the film, the bridge that Mal and Ben crossed during their date was the Lynn Canyon Suspension Bridge, and the Enchanted Lake was the 30 Foot Pool.
- As the four kids were riding on the golden bridge to Auradon, the castle of Cinderella could be briefly spotted.
- The Council of Sidekicks members are:
- Auradon appears to be slit in a couple of parts and Kingdoms: Cinderellasburg, Charmington, The South Riding (with both Tangletown and Auroria), Westerly (Nottingham), Camelot Heights (Camelot), Summerlands, North Riding, Neverland, Lone Keep, Olympus, Winter's keep, Faraway, Apheldotia, Schwartzvald.
- It is possible that The Underworld is part of Auradon and is home to the Fates.